There is a necessity to prepare the next generation of crime scene specialists for employment in the field of forensics. Specialized forensic training courses for those devoted to a forensic/criminalist career are offered in topics such:
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Fingerprint classification
- Death Investigation
- Forensic Entomology
- Blood Evidence – Bloodstain Patterns
- Unusual Suicides – Investigation, Pathology & Evidence
- Forensic Evidence Photography
- Positional Asphyxiation
- Investigating Drowning Deaths
- Evidence Collection – Types and Classifications
- Introduction to Criminalistics
- Ten Essential Steps to a Forensic Career
The Vollmer Institute Forensic Science Academy provides a hybrid learning environment with in-class and on-line programs, Podcasts, Webinars, live lecture updates to enhance your job interview and mentoring by professionals in the field of forensics. Students of the Vollmer Institute, LLC will be eligible for selected conferences and symposiums on death Investigations and career mentoring.
The Managing Director for the Forensic Science Academy, Terri Armenta, holds a Bachelor of Business Administration, Management and Human Resources and a Master of Forensic Science. She is a specialist in Comparative Medicine and an Instructor in Criminalistics at Mount Saint Mary’s University. With over 20 years of forensic experience, her ability to make her topics come alive in the classroom are unparalleled.